5 Useful Online Tools to Help You in Academic Writing
Have you ever wondered, why do some of your peers receive better grades for their essay, when a majority of the students in the class write more or less the same essay paper? Well, there can be a number of reasons for that.
Your peers may have better academic writing skills, access to more research materials, or a better understanding of referencing styles. It may not be possible for you to improve your skills overnight, but you can use a few online tools to reach that level of excellence.
You heard that right. Today, you can find a number of online tools that can help you improve your academic writing. From automated proofreading tools to APA referencing generator – you can now get assistance for almost every aspect of academic writing.
Here are 5 online tools, which you can use to boost your academic writing game:
1. Google Scholar:
If you are struggling to gather enough research materials for your assignment, this online tool can be quite useful. This is a search engine that is specially developed for scholars. You only need to do a keyword search regarding the topic, and the tool will provide you links to authentic sources of data.
The major features of the tool include the following:
- It allows you to narrow down your search using the filter.
- It has a huge digital repository of books, journals, periodicals etc.
- It can be accessed anywhere using the internet.
- It is available for free.
2. Thesis Statement Maker by MyAssignmenthelp.com:
The success of an academic paper often depends on the quality of its thesis statement. However, it may not be everyone’s cup of tea to prepare a compelling thesis statement that highlights the main purpose of the content in just a single sentence. Well, the thesis statement maker from MyAssignmenthelp.com does it for you.
Some of the major highlights of this tool are:
- Seamless user experience
- Offers solution in an instant
- Free to use for everyone
- Accessible on all devices using the internet
If the tool does not deliver satisfying results, you can check out the paid services offered by the website.
We all know that everyone does not have a flair for writing, but you can use a smart proofreading tool to improve your final outcome. Grammarly is perhaps the best proofreading tool available on the internet right now. You can upload your document on this tool to proofread the text in it. The tool not only identifies the spelling and grammatical errors in the text but also suggests the proper editing changes you need to make.
Some of the highlighting features of this tool are:
- It supports all types of document, including .txt, .doc, .pdf, .xlsx, and more.
- You can set the convention and get suggestions for incorrect use of convention.
- It offers suggestions on how to improve your writing.
- It shows the readability score of the content.
You can use this tool for free. However, the premium version of the tool offers additional features such as advanced grammar check and plagiarism checking.
Even though there are plenty of premium plagiarism-checking tools available on the internet, you should definitely check out DupliChecker. This free plagiarism checking tool allows you to check your paper for plagiarism and offers perfect reports just like any premium plagiarism detection tool in the business. You can directly paste the content on the tool or upload the file.
The tool offers some interesting features that may interest you:
- It supports a wide range of document types, including .txt, .doc, .pdf, etc.
- It helps you check the originality of digital content as well.
- It is completely free, no matter how many times you use it.
- However, it can only check 1000 words at max in each turn.
5. Referencing Generator by Allessaywriter.com:
If you find it difficult to remember all the guidelines of different referencing styles, you should give the Referencing Generator a try. This online tool can help you create citations of sources as per the preferred referencing style. You only need to submit the details of the source, and the tool does the rest.
Here are some highlighting features of the tool:
- It can generate citations of a wide variety of sources (both printed and digital)
- It offers reference support for all the major referencing styles.
- It is accessible on all types of devices using the internet.
- It is free, and there’s no limit on usage.
The website also offers paid assignment writing services.
There are a lot of other online tools that you can use instead of the aforementioned ones. However, these 5 tools are the best in their class, and most of them are available for free. So, you can actually boost your academic performance without spending a single penny of online services.
Author bio: Tim Greg is a high school teacher who is also pursuing his Ph.D. from a reputed university in Australia. He is also a part of the team of an expert at MyAssignmenthelp.com, where he serves assignment help to students on request.